Big Bear Communications
Joseph W. Carpenter
Independent Technology Consultant and Professional Writer
PO Box 30888, Albuquerque NM 87190-0888
"Helping you make the most of your technology investment since 1992."
I am an IT Professional. Basically a business consultant. Whether it be a small business network, your personal PC, or optimizing your mobile devices, my motto is "Helping you make the most of your technology investment." This is a reminder to myself, and to you, that my job is ultimately to save you time and money. By getting you back to work, and by helping you utilize your technology better, I hope you will see the value in the services I provide.
When you are ready to meet me and learn more about the services I provide, please go to my Contact Form.
Some job titles and devices that apply to the work I do and have done:
- General titles: Chief Information Officer, Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, Systems Integrator, Network Administrator, Network Engineer, Network Specialist, Cloud Engineer, Cloud Administrator, Information Technology Consultant, Independent Technology Consultant, Computer Support Specialist, Remote Support Specialist, Generally Useful Person,
- Online Services: Google Suite Super Administrator, Microsoft 365 Administrator, Dropbox Teams Administrator, Citrix ShareFile Administrator, LastPass Teams Administrator, et al. All current.
- Remote Support tools: TeamViewer Administrator, LogMeIn Administrator, ConnectWise Control Administrator (current), et al.
- VoIP Services: Vonage Business VoIP Administrator, Intermedia VoIP Administrator (current), Also familiar with managing PBX systems,
- Legal Case Management: TrialWorks Administrator (current), TrialWorks Hosted Administrator, Clio Administrator,
- Servers: Microsoft Server Administrator on Windows NT4 through Windows Server 2012 (current), Microsoft Small Business Server (SBS) Administrator 2000-2005, MS Domain Administrator NT4-2012 (current), MS Exchange Email Administrator 2000-2005, MS SQL Server Database Administrator 2000-2008, then SQL Server Express through 2018 (current),
- PCs: Administrator on MS-DOS and PC-DOS, then Microsoft Windows 3.0 through Windows 10 Professional (currrent), Some Windows 7 currently.
- Mac: Advanced User on OS X 10.5 Leopard through OS X 10.0: Cheetah (El Capitan).
- Mobile devices: Android, Apple iOS, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Palm Pilot, Franklin, Casio BOSS,
- Firewalls and Routers: Sophos UTM (formerly Astaro Security Gateway), SonicWall, Cisco, Cisco-Linksys, Apple, Netgear, ASUS, Eero, Google WiFi, D-Link, TP-Link, et. al.
- Writing: Professional Writer, Technical Writer, Technical Editor, Documentation Specialist,